Sunday, November 1, 2009

little princesses




This Halloween Elle decided she wanted to be a princess. My sister's and I used to make princess crowns with beads and wire when I was younger so I thought it would be fun to make these for Elle and Liv. They are super easy. You just string the beads on a strand of wire big enough to fit around your head. Then take another strand of wire and string beads as you wrap it in a triangle formation around the first strand of beads and wire. For Elle, I put the crown peaks in a complete circle, and for Liv, I just put the peaks in the front of the crown. I also made Elle matching jewelry with the beads and silver elastic thread. I ended up just buying Elle's princess dress and switched out the white rosette embellishments for sparkly buttons. For Liv's costume (pictured above), I embellished a onesie with silver jewels and sewed a pink princess skirt. Overall, I think they turned out ok and it's always fun to get to be creative with their costumes.

1 comment:

tvmom said...

I remember making those crowns with you when we were kids...so fun!